Order online today!
It's finally here: online ordering for Curb Market meals, sandwiches, and groceries! We know many of you are being extra careful about leaving home right now, so let us bring you a fresh meal with only one click of a button! All items listed can be ordered for pickup or delivered to your door for free.
DELIVERY HOURS: TUESDAY-SATURDAY FROM 12P-7P
Call in your order or place it online, and if you're within the limits of this map then you can have it delivered to you for free!!!
This Week's Hot Bar Menu
HOT FOOD IS BACK AT THE CURB MARKET!!
Please be mindful of social distancing, wearing masks, and letting us serve you when you visit.
MONDAY- Blackened Chicken Alfredo, Chicken Parmesan, Lemon Pepper Chicken, Chicken Breast stuffed with Broccoli and Cheese,Red Beans, Kale, Squash Casserole, Cabbage, Mac and Cheese, Roasted Potatoes
TUESDAY- Smoked Chicken Quarters, Smoked Pork Spare Ribs, Smoked Brisket, Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Cornbread, Kale, Turnip Au Gratin, Mac and Cheese, Smoked Cabbage, Bread Pudding
WEDNESDAY- Wings (Buffalo, BBQ, Thai Chili, Lemon Pepper, Dry Rub, Sriracha), Cornbread, Carrots, Kale, Mac and Cheese
THURSDAY- Chicken Enchiladas, Chicken Fajitas with Bell Pepper and Onion, Seasoned Ground Beef, Southwest-style Chicken Thighs, Chips, Cheesy Potatoes, Spicy Corn, Spanish Rice, Red Beans, Kale, Queso, Rice
FRIDAY-Sweet Thai Chili Noodles, Beef & Broccoli, Chicken Stir-Fry, Teriyaki Glazed Fish, Veggie Stir-Fry, Vegetable Fried Rice, Kale, Roasted Cauliflower
Family owned. Seasonally fresh. Always local first. The market was founded in October 2015 on Cooper St. as a small grocery store, focused primarily on locally sourced produce, dry goods, crafts, and a small offering of meats and prepared foods. In June 2017, the market moved to Crosstown Concourse in Midtown and expanded its grocery options, including beer and wine, along with a kitchen dedicated to prepared foods and deli.
CurbMarket’s mission is to be a neighborhood grocery for both Crosstown Concourse and the surrounding area, where residents, employees, students and visitors not only shop but also find community and are introduced to new food experiences through ongoing events and programming, such as cooking classes, tastings, recipe sharing and more.
TheCurb Market’s staffing includes a full-time General Manager to oversee 1 full-time cashier, 3 part-time cashiers,1-2 dishwashers, 1 full-time kitchen manager, 2-3 part-time line cooks, 1deli/salad/sandwich prep, 1 full-time office/assistant manager. The new General Manager for the Curb Market will play an integral role in overseeing all operations of the market and inspiring personnel to maintain high quality standards for food and customer experience.
TheCurb Market is centrally located on the ground floor within Crosstown Concourse, a one million square foot adaptive reuse of the historic Sears building, constructed in 1927 and once a major distribution center and retail store for Sears, Roebuck & Co. The larger Crosstown Concourse complex is a vertical urban village anchored in arts, education and healthcare, including a charter high school for arts and sciences, graduate program in education, health and wellness institutions, grocery and marketplace, commercial/office, and a diverse range of residential living spaces. Over 3,000 people come and go from theConcourse building daily. Concourse is surrounded by four, growing historic district neighborhoods: Evergreen, Vollintine/Evergreen, Speedway Terrace, and Crosstown
· Hire, train and develop a successful team in all aspects of market operations, including but not limited to stocking and merchandising, food service, sales and cash register operation, record-keeping, cleaning, and area-specific tasks.
· Maintain lean labor costs by cross-training employees for multiple tasks.
· Ensure that all federal, state and store regulations and standards for product freshness, safety, refrigeration, labeling, and sanitation are met.
· Establish an attractive product mix of specialty food and craft items for the retail section of the store, as well as identify reasonable sourcing paths.
· Oversee visual merchandising to create unique and attractive product displays and retail environment in all areas of the market.
· Develop marketing strategies to attract and grow customer base, both inside and outsideConcourse; develop creative ways to educate customers about products, and identify areas of opportunity for growth in the future
· Manage marketPOS system (Catapult system by ECR Software) to produce sales reporting; analyze data to drive changes and improvements to respond to market demand.
· Utilize the Concourse loading dock and other common areas for special events and farmer’s market; work strategically with neighboring retail partners on event and programming collaborations to both enrich community interaction and increase sales.
· Ensure employees and customers are following COVID-19 protocol
Food Service Management
· Ensure high quality and appealing presentation of prepared foods, sourcing fresh ingredients, locally whenever possible.
· Oversee menu and recipe development with a price point that continues to grow customer count
· Further develop catering business, including marketing, taking orders, costing menus, scheduling labor and deliveries, interacting with customers, coordinating billing and payment, and quality assurance
· Check supply and product levels, reorder products when necessary, and receive/store items when delivered to ensure fully stocked shelves are maintained at all times. Produce may come from multiple local sources (especially in the peak growing season, Apr - Sept), instead of one produce vendor in the offseason.
· Coordinate with kitchen manager to transfer produce from produce to department to kitchen for food service.
Customer Sales and Services
· Maintain a high quality of customer service, customers’ in-store experiences, and with catering events
· Act as point person for customers who call in for catering orders.
· Train staff to be hospitable to customers, approaching them when they enter the market to greet them, ask questions, help them find what they are looking for, and/or make product or service recommendations.
· Resolve customer complaints in a gracious, timely and professional manner.
· Implement seasonal merchandising, cross-promotion, and upselling initiatives
· + 5 years of successful experience in food service and grocery management, as sales are nearly 50/50 split between these two sectors of the store.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Tech savvy and familiarity with inventory and POS management software
· Strong supervisory and management skills relative to successful operation and execution of all areas of production and sales, including grocery with limited specialty foods and crafts, dairy, produce, beer and wine, and meats, as well as a food Service with kitchen, cafe, prepared foods, and grab-n-go deli
· Experience managing a team of three or more
· Understanding basic accounting as relates to inventory and COGS
· Long-term strategic and financial planning skills
· Proficiency with automated reporting systems including, but not limited to, inventory, food cost, scheduling, time & attendance and labor preferred
· Ability to inspire a cohesive team and champion new ideas and initiatives.
This position requires an ongoing commitment to the following:
Even-tempered disposition. Ability to work under pressure in a composed and courteous manner with the clear understanding that unprofessional, unkind or unfriendly interactions with the public or other staff members are not acceptable under any circumstances.
Prompt and timely communicator. Ability to manage a demanding level of correspondence in all forms of communication. Especially important are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Inclusive and Collaborative. Eagerness to work collaboratively with a diverse staff and neighboring tenants.
Organized. Ability to manage a high volume of information and tasks for multiple projects simultaneously, at varying levels of completion.
Gracious with people. Ability to work well with the public with a composed and supportive attitude, and to exhibit a good-natured, positive, gracious and cheerful demeanor toward others, at all times.
Enthusiastic, energetic and positive. Ability to sustain an ongoing spirit of positivity in high-pressure and demanding situations. Great level of enthusiasm for sales, programming and marketing related to food and culinary arts.
Attentive to details. Ability to sustain close attention to an ongoing set of constantly emerging details unique to each situation, ranging from visual/space needs to interpersonal requests from other staff and customers.
Assertive, determined and focused. Ability to stay on task, working under pressure to problem-solve and proactively find solutions to obstacles in resourceful ways.
Care for user experience. Ability to find incentive and motivation in a satisfactory end-user experience for all customers.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
This is a salaried, full-time position eligible for all Curb Market benefits (including health insurance, PTO, etc.). Salary will be competitive and commensurate with level of experience and skill, including an equity partnership with defined pathway to ownership.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org