14 Aug Wilted Cucumber Salad
This slightly sweet and sour combination is sure to please your entire family!
Serves: 4 to 6 as a side – easily doubled or tripled
- 2 Winchester Farm cucumbers sliced in rounds as thinly as possible
- Salt for wilting the cukes
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Grape tomatoes for garnish (optional)
- Generously salt the sliced cucumbers and toss. Set them in a colander over a bowl and let them “wilt” on the counter for two to three hours.
- After wilting, thoroughly rinse the salt off ( this can take three or four minutes ). You want just a slight taste of salt on the .
- In a bowl mix the cucumbers with the onion, sugar, vinegar and dill. Refrigerate a few hours before serving either cold or at room temperature.. Garnish with the grape tomatoes if desired. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Note: Feel free to adjust the sugar and vinegar ratio to your taste.
- Recipe/photo from inpatskitchen